Sceencast

 Enregistrement d’écran, le 2024-02-29 à 22.08.56.mov

Hi everybody! My name is Jasmine and today my goal is to demonstrate how to solve a problem related to the program of Youth and Adult Correctional Intervention with the very useful website named "Grammarly". I've been studying Youth and Adult Correctional Intervention for 2 years at Ahuntsic College, and I have 1 year left. I take courses on delinquency which teaches us how to intervene with criminals. When I get my diploma, I can work in youth centers, in prisons, in schools or in community organizations. You can also go to university and become a criminologist or a social worker. I'll probably go to university and become a social worker for the "DPJ" as we call it in Quebec. My job will be to evaluate families in their houses after receiving a report of a neglect or abuse situation. After evaluating families, I'll have to write reports and send them to court and that is where the website becomes really interesting. When you write reports for court they need to be error free or you will look less professional and lose credibility. Most of the time when you read the same text over and over you don't see the errors anymore and you can forget to correct them. The website Grammarly corrects spelling, grammar and punctuation errors. I will show you how to use it. 

First, open your browser and open a new tab. Type this URL into the address bar and hit enter. If you type the URL correctly, you will see this page. Then, you will need to create an account. Once your account is created, you can log into it and you should see this. Open a new file and copy and paste your text. The website will show you all your errors and correct them for yourself.  It is really practical if you need to write important reports. It can also help you to send error-free emails to your boss or your colleagues and look more professional. 

This is how this website works!

I hope it helped!

Have a good day and thank you for watching ;)

Comments